Dr Babu Thomas
Professor, Adjunct Faculty, Post Graduate Department of Business Administration
Ph.D (Industrial Psychology), 1986, M.S. University, Baroda; M.A (Psychology), 1975, Dharwad University
- Coral Barboza and DrBabu Thomas. “Identifying Job Stressors among the managerial And non-managerial Employees in the Manufacturing Sector”, In IJRDO-Journal of Applied Management Science, UGC Refereed Journal, Vol 3(12), Pp 1-10. December 2017. ISSN: 2455-9229
- Coral Barboza and DrBabu Thomas. “Gender Difference in Organisational Role Stress: A study of employees in it sector in Mangalore city”, In Indian Journal of Commerce and Management Studies (IJCMS), UGC Refereed Journal, Vol VIII (3), Pp 1-6. September 2017. ISSN: 2249-0310
- Navin Kumar Koodamara and Dr. Babu Thomas (2016). Procedural Justice, Distributive Justice and Interactional Justice as the antecedents of Employee Engagement. International Journal of Scientific Research (IJSR). ISSN 2277-8179, Vol 5, Issue 11, Nov-2016, Page 707-709.
- Navinkumarkoodamara and Dr. Babu Thomas (2016). Job satisfaction and employee engagement as an antecedents of organizational commitment. International journal of Humanities and Social Science (IJHSS). ISSN 2321-9203, Vol. 4, Issue 10, October 2016, page 118-123.
- Coral Barboza and DrBabu Thomas. “Effect of Job Stress on Employee Attitude in the Banking Sector with reference to DK district”. In International Journal of Latest Engineering and Management Research (IJLEMR), Vol 2(3), Pp-46-50. March 2017. ISSN: 2455-4847
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2017) Searching for Entrepreneurial Talent: An Empirical Study of Entrepreneurial potential and Achievement Motivation. Conference publication Sustainable Development: Innovations, Practices and Technology, Tumkur University, Tumkur.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2016) Individuality of Transnational Entrepreneurs: A Missing Link. Bonfring International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Science. 6(3). 67-74
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2015) Rural Entrepreneurship through Skill Development in India: Issues and Challenges. Indian Journal of Applied Research 7(1). 740-41.
- Coral Barboza and DrBabu Thomas. “Under Stress: Social Coping Mechanisms for Survival among the Working Professionals”. In American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), Vol 5(10), Pp-111-120. October 2016. ISSN: 2320-0936
- Coral Barboza and DrBabu Thomas. “Analysis of stressors and their impact on retail sector employees”. In Annual Research Journal of Department of Management Studies, Bengaluru. Vol.02. Pp 110-115. April, 2016. ISSN: 0254-8755.
- Coral Barboza and DrBabu Thomas. “Job Stress and Its Impact – A Literature Review”. In Life Skills and Youth Empowerment. Brahmavar. Pp. 335-355. February 2015. ISBN: 978-81-928345-3-5
- Rowena, Balraju&Babu, “Innovation & Best Practices of Autonomous Colleges with specific reference to St. Aloysius College (Autonomous)”via skype on 27th January 2018, at the NAAC sponsored National Conference on “Quality Enhancement through Autonomy & Accreditation in Higher Education” organised by I.Q.A.C., CSIBER, Kolhapur & Knowledge Partner I.Q.A.C Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2017). Entrepreneurship Education and Entrepreneurial potential: Discussion of Critical Issues. 25th International Conference on Social Science and Humanities (ICSSH), Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Executive Centre, Singapore, 07-08 Nov 2017.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2017). Entrepreneurship Education and Entrepreneurial potential: Discussion of Critical Issues, Manipal Research Colloquium 2017, Manipal University, Manipal, April 4 – 6, 2017.
- Presented a paper in the International Conference at Bali, Indonesia on the topic “Organisational Commitment and Employee Engagement on November 22, 2016.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2016). Individuality of Transnational Entrepreneurs: A Missing Link. Transnational Entrepreneurs and International SMEs in Emerging Economies: Drivers and Strategies, May 20 – 22, 2016.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2016). A Study on Entrepreneurial Potential, Leadership Skills and Achievement Motivation among Management and Engineering Students. 8th Doctoral Thesis Conference, IBS Hyderabad, April 23 – 25, 2016.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2017). Entrepreneurship Education in India: New Treads. Management in the 21st Century- Issues, Challenges and the road ahead, 2nd St Aloysius Institute of Management & Information Technology, Mangalore, March 2016.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2016). Changing Manufacturing Sector An overview. Building Effective Organizations: Combining Continuity with change. 1st St Aloysius Institute of Management & Information Technology, Mangalore, March 2015.
- Mukesh, H. V., and Thomas, B (2016). Make In India Issues and Challenges. New Policy Implementation and Issues in Direct Tax Corporate Tax and Foreign Trade. Tumkur University, Tumkur, February 6, 2015.
Other significant achievements
- Appointed as a Research Committee reviewer in University of Indonesia, SSBR Network on September 15, 2020.
- Coral Barboza, DrBabu Thomas. “Technology Boom: It’s Relation to Workplace Stress”. In Business Innovations, pp. 139-152. Research India Publications, Delhi, June 2015.
- ISBN: 978-93-84443-23-8
- Editor of Aloysius Journal of Management and Research, ISSN-2321-8797
- Editorial member of South Asian Journal of Management and research.
- Article published in Aloysius journal of Management and research titled as Value system of different professionals.
- Workshop on “Train the Trainer (TTT) on Teaching, Learning & Innovation” organised by AIMIT, St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangalore in association with Computer Society of India on 7th -9th July 2015.
- One day workshop on “Case writing and Analysis” organised by AIMIT, St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangalore on 24th July 2015.
- Three day FDP on “Fruitful Research for Prolific Researchers” organised by AIMIT, St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangalore during 19th -21th , August 2015
- Lecture Series on “Assurance of Learning (AOL)” organised by AIMIT, St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangalore during 24-31, August 2015
- Workshop on Revisiting MBA programme at XIME, Bangalore on 30th and 31st January, 2014.
- Topic “Time Management” at the Workshop on Leadership skills for the Pre – University student council of St Aloysius PU College on 28th& 29th June, 2017, Mangalore organized by the Post Graduate Department of Business Administration AIMIT, Beeri.
- Topic “Leadership Development” at Pragati-2017, a program for Undergraduate students held at St Aloysius College on 5th and 6th July, 2017 at St. Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangalore.
- Topic “Negotiation Skills of a leader” at the Workshop on Leadership skills for the student council of St Aloysius Degree College on August 10, 2017 organized by the Post Graduate Department of Business Administration AIMIT, Beeri.
- Topic “Qualitative Research” at the Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Enhancing Research Acumen” from 7th – 12th August, 2017 at AIMIT, Beeri.
- Guest speaker on diversity management in School of Management, Manipal University
- Conducted a special training session for the students of St. Aloysius College on Leadership and Time Management.
- Invited as a resource person to evaluate PhD.programmes in Tumkur University
- Invited as a resource person to evaluate Ph d programmes in ManipalUniversityInvited as a resource person to deliver a talk on “Research Methodology for Management Students”
- Invited to conduct Ph.D viva in Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Invited to take special classes for MSC Corporate Psychology.
External Examiner for Ph. D candidates:
- Research Guide for TUMKUR University Ph.DProgramme.
- Five students are pursuing Ph. D in management. The research proposal of three research scholars is accepted.
- Tumkur University students Ph.D. guidance is in progress
- Edited and bought July 2015 journal of Aloysius journal of management and research
PhD scholars are currently pursuing research work at Tumkur University.
1. Name: Mr. Navin Kumar K
Title of the thesis: “Role of Perceived Organizational Support and Perceived Organizational Justice on Employee Turnover Intentions with the Mediating Effect of Employee Engagement”.
Working: School of Management, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
2. Name: Mrs. Coral Jasmine Barboza
Title of the thesis: “A Study of job stress and it’s relationship with job attitudes, turnover intentions and social support in manufacturing and service sector”.
Working: Amity University, Assistant Professor, Noida.
3. Name: Mr. Mukesh H. V
Title of the thesis: “A Study on Entrepreneurial Potential, Leadership Skills and Achievement Motivation among Management and Engineering Students”.
Working: School of Management, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
4. Name: Rakesh Kumar B
Title of the thesis: “Comparative Analysis of Quality of Worklife, Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention among employees of Service and Manufacturing Sector”
Working: AIMIT, St Aloysius College, Mangalore
5. Pradeep Kumar
Title of the thesis: “Impact of Servant Leadership on Ethical Climate, Organizational Citizenship Behaviour and Perceived Organizational Support- an Empirical Analysis”
Working: Associate Professor, MIT, Manipal
International Journal Paper:
Pradeep Kumar, Raghavendra Kamath C, DrBabu Thomas, Paper published in the Scopus are “Development of Scale for Ethical Climate Questionnaire Applicable to Higher Educational Institutions”, and published by, in International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research (IJSTR) ISSN 2277-8616., March 2020, Vol 9, Issue 03, Pp1095-1102.
Pradeep Kumar, Raghavendra Kamath C, DrBabu Thomas , Paper published in the Scopus are “Impact of Servant Leadership and Ethical Climate at Higher Educational Institutions and Industries”, and published by International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research (IJSTR), April 2020(IJSTR) ISSN 2277-8616., Vol 9, Issue 04, Pp 358-364.
Pradeep Kumar, Raghavendra Kamath C, DrBabu Thomas, Paper published in UGC CARE Listed Journal are “Impact of organizational citizenship behavior and perceived organizational support on employees of higher educational institutions and industries”, which was presented at St. Josephs College, Bangalore, on 2-3rd March, 2020, published by Studies in Indian Place Names (UGC CARE Listed Journal) ISSN: 2394-3114 Vol-40,Pp-160-171 Special Issue-25.
Pradeep Kumar, Raghavendra Kamath C, DrBabu Thomas, International Conference paper title “Impact of organizational citizenship behavior and perceived organizational support on employees of higher educational institutions and industries” in the Two day International Conference on “Business Dynamics and Sustainable Development” (ICBD-3.0,2020). Held on 2nd and 3rd March 2020, organized by: The Department of Commerce and Management of St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Shantinagar, Langford Road, Bangalore in collaboration with the Department of Economics, St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru, Sunway College (Victoria University Australia Programmes) Malaysia and ISDC UK.