THE AIMIT MCA programme prepares graduates for leadership roles in computing and technology. It is designed to develop expertise in key areas driving technological growth. This program aims to help you apply the knowledge and skills that are essential to be employed as a capable software developer.
We are committed to providing the opportunity to Master of Computer Applications (MCA) discipline to students from all backgrounds. Our program combines strong fundamentals, Advanced Technologies, project- and team- oriented activities, Industry Electives and soft skills, leading to a well-rounded professional education.
- Understand and demonstrate a broad knowledge of Computer Science, Applications
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques using the computer
- To gain a substantial knowledge of Advanced Topics in Information Technology
- Demonstrate proficiency in the analysis of complex problems and the synthesis of solutions to those problems
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize, design and implement efficient software solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate comprehension of modern software engineering principles
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the discipline of computer science
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of professional ethics and responsible behavior.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and to work as a team.
- Students will become successful professionals able to gain Employment and/or to Continue his Higher studies in India or abroad.
- The Two Year Master of Computer Applications (MCA)- Lateral Entry programme aims at preparing Information Technology experts who could successfully extend their valuable contribution in streamlining the decision-making process and innovation in the areas of Computer Applications.
- Lateral entry to MCA stream saves one year time of the students interested to pursue computer science as a career.
- In the lateral entry to MCA student saves one year and AIMIT St Aloysius College support the students by giving them a bridge course programme before starting of the 2year programme which enables the students to overcome the barriers. This course (FP 4.0) is designed by Infosys ETA under the Campus Connect initiative
- Special sessions on programming is undertaken to enhance the employability skill of MCA students.
- Thus it helps them to grab good job opportunities with world class IT companies.
School of Information Technology is offering a 2-Year MCA (Lateral Entry) programme also, along with existing MCA (3-Years) course. The course is exclusively designed to meet the IT requirements for various organizations. The core objective of this programme is to prepare the students for productive career in software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment of teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline. The programme equips students with the skill and relevant competence to handle all practical problems faced by industry.
The lateral entry MCA Course is a 2-Year duration programme that is designed to provide an opportunity to the students who hold Bachelor Degree in Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) – Computer Science/IT to undertake Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course. The 2-Year MCA programme provides knowledge upgradation and skill development for students with BCA, BSc (Computer Science/Information Technology) qualification who could successfully extend their valuable contribution in streamlining the decision-making process and innovation in the areas of Computer Applications in near future. This programme prepare students to obtain various positions in the fields of software development, IT consultancy, software testing quality assurance, system analysis, MIS, networking, application architecture. The objective of this programme is to meet the manpower requirement of the fast-developing software industry and that of the institutions of higher learning.
Learning at AIMIT extends beyond the classroom. Throughout the program, classroom learning is complemented by hands-on experiences. You have a project work, industrial visits, technical rounds, seminars, competitions and a host of other activities that are designed to enhance your understanding of computer applications.,
- MCA course at AIMIT, St Aloysius College (Autonomous) is Recognized by the Mangalore University , UGC and AICTE, New Delhi
- Awarded with the Dewang Mehtha National Education Award for the Best Academic Input (Syllabus) in Information Technology
- The course has helped in creating leaders, trend-setters for the IT Industry.
- It has offered state-of-art information technology education, and imparting skills for building cutting-edge technologies and innovative IT applications.
- Successfully trained individuals who are successfully contributing substantially to the ambitious IT goals of the country.
- It has promoted several Entrepreneurs to generate Jobs in the country.
- The programme constantly focus on Diversity, as the students across the country are studying MCA at AIMIT
- International Standards in Course Structure in collaboration with Universities, Institutions and Companies from India and Abroad
- World Class ambience for Information Technology & Bioinformatics Studies.
- Wi-Fi Enabled Campus – Available 24×7 in the classrooms, campus and especially in the Hostels.
- Well Equipped Labs with Servers and Nodes with Advanced Software installed.
- Access to Latest e-Journals and e-Books through IEEE, ACM, Safari Books, 24×7 Books etc.
- Spacious Library & Reading Rooms with Latest Editions of Books on all IT Subjects, Soft Skills, Leadership, Competitive Exams, Interview Preparation, CAT, MAT, GRE, GATE etc; Industry programme manuals
- Advanced Syllabi under the Autonomous Stream; updated as per the Industry needs.
- IT Industry Collaborated Elective Papers with Infosys, EMC, Microsoft, IBM, Vmware, Cisco & Oracle.
- Excellent Placement Records with Leading Companies – IT / ITES / IT Product co.s / Banking / Supply Chain Mgmt / Media Processing / Content Management / Animation / Games Design co.s etc.
- Internships in IT Companies – For Services, Product Development, Research Labs
- Business Consultancy Project works to promote Design Thinking.
- Infosys Campus Connect programme with Electives such as : Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Internet of Things, Mobile Application Development, Enterprise Applications, FP 5.0 (Python Programming), Soft Skills
- DELL-EMC Electives : Information Storage Management, Cloud Computing, Cloud Infrastructure Management, Data Science And Big Data Analytics
- IBM Software Center of Excellence for Add on Certification in DB2, RAD, Lotus, Software Testing, TGMC, Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics
- Microsoft Academia for Cloud Computing & Mobile Computing
- Collaboration with NASSCOM for NAC-TECH Examination which enables Employment in 1300 companies
- Certification through MOOCS in various Technologies as a part of Self Study
- Special Interest Groups of Faculty and Students to Enhance Research & Consultancy.
- Free & Open Source Software (FOSS) – collaboration with CDAC-W3C
- Computer Society of India, IEEE, IEEE Computer Scoiety – AIMIT Branch
- Placement Training – Model Interviews, Analytics Labs, Analytics Schools.
- Soft Skill Training in association with Infosys Leadership Development Institute
- Leadership opportunity & Training in organizing various activities and Events in the Campus as well as Participation in Intercollegiate Fests.
- International / National Level Seminars & Paper presentations / Publications to enable Research Oriented thinking
- Webinars on Latest Technologies by IT Industries & Labs – Expert Interaction with the students.
- Center for Creativity & Innovation & Incubation – to Promote Entrepreneurship.
- National Level IT Fests (epITome) , IT Exhibition (Infovision), International Conference (SACAIM), Symposium (Anveeksha), Talent Hunt (Lakshya), Sports Day (Utkarasha), Defining Dialogues (Alumni Interaction)
- Rural Immersion Programme to reach out the backward areas of Karnataka and getting experience under Student Social Responsibility Programme
- Industry visits to different Locations and Interact with the Industry professionals
MCA Lateral Entry – I Year : Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
|Database Management Systems|
Enterprise Cloud Computing
|RDBMS concepts with Oracle|
Grid and Cluster Computing
|Database Administration Practices|
Cloud Infrastructure Management
|Software Engineering & UML|
|Enterprise Resource Planning|
|Object Oriented Software Engineering|
|Internet Marketing and E-Commerce|
|Agile Software Development|
|IT Ethics and Intellectual Property Rights|
Enterprise Computing with Advanced Java
|Mobile Application Development using Android|
Enterprise Computing : Java EE Frameworks
|Windows Phone Application Development|
Rich Internet Applications using Java FX
|Cross Platform Mobile App Development|
|Web Programming with PHP & MySQL|
|Artificial Intelligence & Knowledge Engineering|
|Web Scripting using Perl|
|Image Processing & Pattern Recognition|
|Web Application Development using Python|
|Evolutionary Computing & Genetic Algorithms|
Data Warehousing & Data Mining
Business Intelligence and Advanced Data Mining
SOA & Predictive Analytics
PH 606.3 P
|RDBMS and Advanced Java Lab|
PH 606.4 P
HPC & Mobile App Development Lab
PS 607.3 P
|Enterprise Application Development Lab|
PS 607.4 P
Intelligent Computing & Data Mining Lab
Mini Project work
Domain Knowledge Seminar – I
MCA Lateral Entry – II Year : Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
|Information Storage and Management|
|Internet of Things|
|Augmented and Virtual Reality|
Research Project / Dissertation
|Web Development with Angular JS, Node.js|
Add On / Certificate Courses offered
|Content Management Systems Development|
IT Analytics Summer & Winter School & Lab
|MEAN Web Development Techniques|
|Infosys Campus Connect – Industry Elective|
|Computing with C# and .NET Framework|
IBM – DB2, RAD, Lotus Notes, PMC Certification
|Web Technologies & .NET Framework|
Microsoft Academia- Cloud Comp &W-Phone
|Metro App Development using XAML|
EMC- Information Storage Management
|Computational intelligence and Soft Computing|
CDAC- W3C Academia Partnership
|Machine & Deep Learning Algorithms|
Spoken Tutorials & Certifications from IIT, Bombay
|Cognitive & Bio-inspired Computing|
D-Link Academy Center of Excellence (Proposed)
|Data Science & Big Data Analytics|
Business English Certification (BEC) by Cambridge
|Big data & Business Analytics|
Toast Masters Gavel Club International
|Big data : Map Reduce with Hadoop|
NAC TECH Certification by NASSCOM
PH 606.5 P
|Web Application Development & .NET Lab|
National Creativity & Aptitude Test –by IIT Delhi
PS 607.5 P
|Soft Computing & Big Data Lab|
Rural Immersion Programme
|Business Consultancy Project|
IEEE & IEE CS / CSI Student member
Domain Knowledge Seminar – I
TiE chapter for Entrepreneurship
- Admission to MCA programme for Karnataka candidates is made based on either PGCET conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) and also for Karnataka and Non Karnataka candidates through PGCET / KMAT conducted by Karnataka Unaided Private Colleges Association Authority.
- The minimum percentage in eligibility examination for admission in MCA programme is 50% in case GM and 45% in case of SC / ST.
- The Admission process for MCA programme is followed as per the Government of Karnataka norms which consists of 50% throughPGCET (KEA) entrance examination and 50% through KMAT / PGCET
- There is a provision for Lateral Entry of 20% of Intake through KEA counseling