There is a great demand for software specialists today. Companies are looking for talented graduates with excellent academic grounding. With this in mind we designed an up-to-date syllabus, which empowers graduates with important work-ready skills. One more advantage for BCA students is that they need not take difficult subjects like Numerical Methods, Microprocessors and Operations Research, which is included in the regular MCA syllabus. This syllabus has been drawn up in consultation with the software industry. This MSc (Software Technology) is on par with other MTech programmes.
There is a misconception that those who have completed their BCA should take up MCA. In reality, the MCA programme was started in 1987 when there were no under graduate courses in computer science. Hence the duration of MCA has been of 3 years. MCA is meant for those who have no prior knowledge of computers, and starts with the basic subjects like C programming, C++, Introduction to Computer Science etc.
Those who have done BSc(Comp Science) and BCA, need not waste time studying the same topics in MCA. It is challenging to take up M.Sc. (Software Technology) and deal with advanced topics in software engineering. This way you will save one year with the additional advantage of gaining employment a year in advance.
Companies are showing a lot of interest in such graduates and have been coming to recruit them even in the second semester of their studies at AIMIT. On completion of their course, the graduates in Software Technology will have an edge over MCA graduates as well.
Students who join the M.Sc. (Software Technology) programme will have three semesters of technical input in computers and one semester of project placement in companies. This is a highly recommended course with excellent job prospects.
Admission Procedure for 2018 batch of MSc. (Software Technology) will begin soon. Interested candidates are requested to submit applications immediately. The Entrance Test will be conducted in February 2018.
- There is also special NRI (Payment) quota for a select number of seats. 10% of the candidates will be selected under merit-cum-need fee structure.
- Those candidates (local) who would like to be considered under merit-cum-need category should apply for financial assistance along with the application form.
- Financial Aid forms are available at the centre office. Anybody giving, false information while applying for financial aid is liable to lose his/her seat.
- Students who have secured ranks at the degree level in the University will be selected under merit cum need category.
- Pass Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (for those from outside Karnataka.)
- Migration Certificate for those from other Universities.