The primary aim of our Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT) is to prepare students for successful careers as I.T. professionals to make a positive contribution to society. We do so in accordance with Autonomous guidelines and in full cognizance of St Aloysius College’s aims to develop “students who value honesty, civility and the dignity of work”. At the same time, we hope to give the students an enjoyable learning experience, enhanced by innovative pedagogical approaches.
- The PGDIT is designed for an audience of professionals seeking to improve their applied knowledge in various domains of IT.
- This program covers the latest trends that are vital for today´s modern business.
- The curriculum of PGDIT is a blend of latest technological topics and managerial skills that are vital for IT managers for large public and private sector companies.
- The PGDIT would enable the Diploma holders to possess the combination of knowledge and hands-on expertise to apply this knowledge to select hardware and software products appropriate for the organization.
- It will equip the students with the skills to integrate hardware and software products in accordance to the organizational needs and infrastructure as well as Install, customize and maintain hardware and software, and administer networks while ensuring network and system security.
In this new millennium, Information Technology is the foundation stone for many applications in industry, government and other institutions. To stay ahead professionally, for students and professionals working in computer-related fields need to engage in continuous learning and in continuous upgrading of their Information Technology skills. The Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology, PGDIT, is a postgraduate diploma program that has been developed to assist and encourage Bachelor’s graduates to build on their undergraduate knowledge in Information Technology.
The program is deliberately broad-based. We believe that this approach is the most useful way of enhancing students’ knowledge and skills. It will make the students of PGDIT more attractive and competitive.
A candidate who has passed any recognized under graduate examination or equivalent examination Science (B.Sc) / Commerce (B.Com) / Business Administration (BBA) / Business Management (BBM) / Computer Applications (BCA) / Humanities (BA) / Scocial Work (BSW) / or any other and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to the course. Provided that in respect of candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified above in Pre-University Course with 45% percent of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. The candidates should have minimum of 2 years of Industry Experience in hand before joining the programme.
Learning at AIMIT extends beyond the classroom. Throughout the program, classroom learning is complemented by hands-on experiences. You have a project work, Soft Skills, technical rounds, seminars, competitions and a host of other activities that are designed to enhance your understanding of computer applications.,
- PGDIT course at AIMIT is offered by St Aloysius College (Autonomous) as per the Autonomous statutes of the College.
- The course has helped in creating leaders, trend-setters for the IT Industry.
- The PGDIT course will Examine and formulate problems in major topics in information technology drawn from several areas, including applied areas technology;
- It will Integrate theoretical principles and up-to-date techniques in information technology to solve problems in the field of information technology;
- Communicate effectively through report writing, literature search, project design and oral presentations;
- Apply the latest computing and software development tools and techniques, especially state-of-the-art techniques that are used in industrial practice; and
- Identify and describe the impact of key factors related to the design, management and performance of large scale software systems.
- The programme will help the working professional from various industries to up skill themselves in the competitive world.
- International Standards in Course Structure in collaboration with Universities, Institutions and Companies from India and Abroad
- World Class ambience for Information Technology & Bioinformatics Studies.
- Wi-Fi Enabled Campus – Available 24×7 in the classrooms, campus and especially in the Hostels.
- Well Equipped Labs with Servers and Nodes with Advanced Software installed.
- Access to Latest e-Journals and e-Books through IEEE, ACM, Safari Books, 24×7 Books etc.
- Spacious Library & Reading Rooms with Latest Editions of Books on all IT Subjects, Soft Skills, Leadership, Competitive Exams, Interview Preparation, Advanced Syllabi under the Autonomous Stream; updated as per the Industry needs.
- Excellent Placement Records with Leading Companies – IT / ITES / IT Product co.s / Banking / Supply Chain Mgmt / Media Processing / Content Management / Animation / Games Design co.s etc.
- Certification through MOOCS in various Technologies as a part of Self Study
- Special Interest Groups of Faculty and Students to Enhance Research & Consultancy.
- Placement Training – Model Interviews, Analytics Labs, Analytics Schools.
- Soft Skill Training in association with Infosys Leadership Development Institute
- Leadership opportunity & Training in organizing various activities and Events in the Campus as well as Participation in Intercollegiate Fests.
- National Level IT Fests (epITome) , IT Exhibition (Infovision), International Conference (SACAIM), Symposium (Anveeksha), Talent Hunt (Lakshya), Sports Day (Utkarasha), Defining Dialogues (Alumni Interaction)