Dr Swapna Rose
Assistant Professor, Post Graduate Department of Business Administration
PhD (Management – HR), 2019, Bharathiar University; NET (Management), 2012; MBA, (HR) 2007, VTU
- Completed a minor research granted by UGC (2016-2018) entitled ‘Problems and Challenges of Talent Retention in Banking sector and its Impact on Productivity – Comparative analysis of Public and Private Sector Banks’.
- Completed a minor research granted by MJES (2020-2022) entitled ‘ Work from Home during covid 19 Pandemic and its Consequences on Work Life Balance’
- Rose, S. (2022). “The work from home experience of IT and education sector employees during covid 19”. International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT and Management, 12(9), 8-10.
- Varghese, N., & Rose, S. (2022). “Role of Artificial Intelligence in Talent Acquisition”. International Journal of Research in Computer Application and Management, 12(8), 1-3.
- Sambatur,S; Kadanda,D;&Rose,S.(2020). Determinants of CEO Pay – Evidence from Indian Pharmaceutical Sector,i-manager’s Journal on Management,14(4).
- Harinakshi and Swapna Rose (2019). “Indian Management Education: Role of B-Schools in Making Future Business Leaders.” International Journal of Advance & Innovative Research (IJAIR), Vol-6, Issue 2(XXV), April-June 2019, ISSN 2394-7780.: 09-10.
- Rose, S., & K. G. Raja (2017).”Role of attrition factors and turnover intention on productivity.” Researchers World-Journal of Arts, science, commerce, Vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 39-41.
- Rose, S., & K. G. Raja (2016). “Role of HR Practices, Job Satisfaction, and Organization Commitment in Employee Retention.” International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management, 7(10).
- Rose, S & K.G Raja (2012) “Business Transformation Management- The role of Talent Management with special reference to service sectors”, Advances in Management. Vol. 5, No.2, pp.61-63
- Rose ,S& K.G Raja (2010) ‘Evaluating the difference between managerial executive level personal competencies –A critical analysis of select IT companies’ has been published in Dharana –ISSN: 0974-0082 Pg. no. 71-76
Google Scholar link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=etZf2rkAAAAJ&hl=en
- Presented a paper on ‘Influence of Work from Home experience on Work Life Balance’ in a two day international conference conducted by Nitte Meenakshi Institute of technology (Autonomous Institution affiliated to VTU)Department of Management Studies on 25th November 2023
- Presented a paper entitled “Health Care Knowledge Management initiatives in India during covid-19 first wave” in 5th International Online Conference on Innovative and Advanced Multidisciplinary Research (ICIAMR 2021) organized by Foundation of Innovative Research, Asian Institute of technology Thailand on 26 June 2021 and 27 June 2021.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Impact of Employee Turnover intentions on organization productivity-a critical study on private sector fims”at the 5th International Conference organized by Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT ) St Aloysius College Mangalore on 9th April 2019.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Globalization and diversity management in the United Arab Emirates” in 2nd International Conference on Management in 21st Century-Issues, Challenges and the Road ahead organized by Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT ) St Aloysius College Mangalore on 21st March 2016.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Employee Retention: A real management challenge of 21st Century” in 2nd International Conference on Management in 21st Century-Issues, Challenges and the Road ahead organized by Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT ) St Aloysius College Mangalore on 21st March 2016.
- Presented a paper on the topic ‘The Role of HR in Management of Change’, International Conference “Building Effective Organisations: Combining Continuity with Change” AIMIT, St. Aloysius College, April 2015
Other significant achievements
- Participated in the International staff week hosted by Universidad Católica de Valencia(UCV)Spain from 2-6 May 2022 sponsored by Erasmus + project
- Member of the Editorial Review Board of “International Journal of Knowledge Management”- reputed Scopus indexed Q3 journal.
- Certified Publons Academy Peer Reviewer.
- Completed course on “Good Citing Behavior” from Web of Science Academy Clarivate in June 2021.
- Completed Advanced Level Innovation Ambassador training organized by Ministry of Education’s (MoE’s) Innovation Cell (MIC) & AICTE, in the month of July 2021
- Completed successfully AICTE Training and Learning ,ATAL -Academy Online Advanced FDP on Enabling Entrepreneurship and Start-Up Mindset from 16/08/2021 to 20/08/2021 at Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Completed successfully AICTE Training And Learning ,ATAL- Academy Online Elementary FDP on Panacea of Success: The ‘Leadership Excellence’; from 24/08/2021to 28/08/2021 at Rajkiya Engineering College, Mainpuri.
- Resource person for the virtual lectures on ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ for the students of department of MBA, University B.D.T. College of Engineering (UBDTCE), VTU, Davangere on 31/07/2021.
- Completed successfully training on “IPR& Technology Transfer “conducted as part of “IIC Innovation Ambassador Training Series” organized by Institution’s Innovation Council of MHRD’s Innovation Cell, AICTE held at ACS College of Engineering ,Bangalore Karnataka on 26-27 February 2020.
- Participated in the Management Development Programme on Human Capital Analytics held on Nov 17 &18th 2017 at AIMIT ,Mangalore
- Member of Professional body Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD) a premier institution in the field of Human Resource Development.
- Successfully completed online course on “Starting a Business” offered by Santa Clara University California and became instrumental in offering this course to the students of MBA, in AIMIT from the year 2015 to till date.